Nite Ize | CamJam Tie Down Straps
These premium quality cast aluminium cord tighteners are a rugged combination of carabiner and cam locking mechanism meant to secure, tension, and connect serious loads when paired with a rope or cord. Clip the carabiner to a fixed anchor point, then use the cam mechanism to safely connect, tension, and easily release your rope or cord.See Product Details
- Flat Rate Shipping
- FREE shipping for orders over $100!
- Standard shipping $10
- Express shipping $20
Nite Ize | CamJam Tie Down Straps
Reliable and dependable, these Tie Down Straps are the tools you need to secure heavier loads – perfect for locking furnitures in place when moving house.
Loop Configuration: This fixed size loop configuration can be created when the free end of the webbing is constrained by the CamJam mechanism creating a loop to secure your load. This configuration is the basic and primary configuration and is similar to those produced by other general purpose cam-lock devices.
Lockout Configuration: The Lockout configuration extends the utility of the loop configuration by enabling the selective positioning of the CamJam mechanism along the webbing loop. Most other general purpose cam-lock devices are incapable of creating this type of configuration. The lockout configuration also allows the device to be anchored to a location without requiring the engagement of the CamJam mechanism. For example, the lockout configuration enables the strap assembly to be positioned and secured to a vehicle roof rack prior to and irrespective of securing objects onto the rack. It prevents the inadvertent movement or sliding of the strap assembly while arranging objects on the rack, or while tensioning the strap. This configuration enables locking tension to be applied to the webbing with up to a 3-to-1 mechanical tensioning advantage. This feature is similar to, and within the working load levels induced by ratchet type devices. For example, drawing webbing through the device with an applied force of 100 lbs can induce up to 300 lbs of tension in the secured webbing. General purpose cam-lock devices lack this feature and typically are limited to tensioning capabilities far less than even a 2-to-1 mechanical tensioning advantage.Features
- Heavy duty tie down straps available in 3 sizes - 6', 12', and 18' | 1.83m, 3.66m, and 5.48m
- Die-cast zinc alloy CamJam tensioning mechanism with nickel plate finish and protective pad
- High strength 1" | 2.54cm wide waterproof, high density weave, polypropylene webbing
- Sewn-in, colour coded & numerically labeled tags allows for easy identification of strap length
- Premium quality die-cast zinc alloy CamJam tensioning mechanism with nickel plate finish
- The CamJam mechanism features a die-cast zinc alloy housing, and centre pivot pin with a stainless steel torsion spring that activates the centre hub with integrated webbing capture ring.
- The webbing capture ring on the cam mechanism enables the controlled release of tension to any applied load. This is very important when high load force has been applied to the webbing and is a significant improvement over the webbing release behaviour of more conventional cam-lock devices that have a tendency to suddenly and dangerously release tension.
- Easy to achieve high tension, adjust and control the release without sudden, dangerous unloading
- Multiple Tie-Down configurations for versatility - Loop Configuration & Lockout Configuration
- Working Load Limit 700lb. | 318kg
- Break Strength 2100lb. | 953kg